Hey guys, Welcome back. Today I’m going to tell you about “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep”. As, your sleeping schedule is not going well, you must perform this relaxing yoga poses whenever you want. Firstly, If you don’t read our previous two articles on “Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Sound Sleep at Night” and “Top 10 Exercises for Better Quality Sleep at Night”; go through them. It’ll help you more to combat your sleeping problem. So, let’s start.
Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep
Yoga is the simplest yet the most effective form of self improvement. It has been formed over the ages by ancient India monks. According to Indian mythology, yoga can cure any diseases with the help of Ayurveda, medicines made of plants and organic elements. Don’t know of other diseases though, but it will surely help you to get over your sleeping problems.
Yoga not only helps you to get your sleeping schedule of track; but also makes your digestive system better. It also helps you to cure obesity; at the same time you can perform yoga for gaining good weight. As yoga has lots of dimensions and usages; you’ve to be wise enough while choosing yoga poses. Here, I’ve shortlisted “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” where each of the following poses has many benefits. This will help you to cure your sleeping problems and also make your body and mind better.
If you perform meditation as well as yoga for at least 20 minutes a day; it’ll help you to get over all your anxieties as well as lack of energy and concentration. Here, I give you 5 of the best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep. However, before perform this yoga poses I would suggest you to visit a doctor first.
According to Indian mythology, many great monks had witnessed the almighty and come to know the ultimate wisdom of the universe while sitting in this pose. Meditation is the best thing you can give your soul. It’ll help you to overcome any sort of problem and make your life way better. All you have to do is, sit in your bed in Padmasana, make sure that there’s no external disturbances. Now, close your eyes and try to communicate with the sub-conscious mind within you. It would difficult to perform at first but you can achieve more concentration with practice. Do this for 10-15 minutes daily before going to sleep.
Bala is stands for child in Sanskrit and Asana means Pose. Child pose or Balasana is one of the best yoga poses for relaxing your body and mind. It not only helps you to cure your insomnia but also it has many other benefits as well. That’s why I keep it here in my “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” list.
Benefits of Child Pose
- It helps you to reduce your stress
- It soothes your body and mind; also refreshes your brain.
- Improves blood circulation
- It also helps relieve back and neck pain
- Sit on your heels like the images shows.
- Make sure both of your knees don’t touch each other.
- Rest your chest and upper body on your thighs.
- Stretch your hands forward.
- Hold this pose for 30 secs for best results.
The Happy child pose or Ananda Balasana is a modified version of Child pose. It’s one of the best exercises for reducing stress. You can perform this yoga pose in bed as well. Do this for 3 times of 30 secs each for best results. People with knee and neck injuries don’t perform this exercise. Don’t do this during pregnancy. It is one of the vital yoga poses in my “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” list.
- Gently stretches the back and lower body.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue.
- Helps to get over insomnia.
- Lie on your back. Make yourself comfortable. Inhale normally.
- Now, pick your lower body up gently, so that you can grip your ankles with your hands.
- Stretch your legs untill the knees touches your Lateral area.
- Make sure your that your ankles and knees are in perpendicular to the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 secs or as much as you can.
Supine Twist or Supta Jathara Parivartanasana is one of the easiest poses of my “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” list. It cures many abdominal and kidney related problems. It is also very effective for reducing stress. Practicing this yoga posture can help you fall asleep quickly. So, do this exercise for 3 times of 30 sec each for best of results.
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Cures abdominal and kidney problems
- Fights Insomnia.
- Firstly, lie on your back. Make yourself comfortable. keep your breathe normal during perform this.
- Now, bent one knee and place it at opposite side of your body.
- Place your hand hand on that knee.
- Give pressure on that knee.
- Hold this position for 30 sec and repeat this for the other leg too.
Cat and Cow stretch is a great upper body stretch yoga stretch for reducing stress. It an amalgamation of two yoga poses together. As a result, it has more benefits than other exercises I’ve shortlisted in my “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” list. You can perform this exercise whenever you want on your bed as well. It is really to perform as all you’ve to do is flipping your body in and out side. Do this for 3 times of 30 sec each.
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Improves digestive system and strengths abdomen muscles.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Calms our brain.
- Start in a table pose by placing your hands on the ground.
- Now, Inhale push your middle body up with the help of your arms.
- Hold this position for 15-20 secs
- Now, gently exhale your breathe and squeeze your middle body.
- hold this position for 15-20 secs.
- Do this whole process for 3 times of 30 secs each.
Though, it is not a asana itself, it has a great impact in yoga. According to great Indian monks, our body needs to revive it’s lost energy by performing this yoga pose. So, it helps you to get back your all energy as well as it will calm your mind. Finish your yoga routine with this corpse pose. You can perform Corpse pose for as long as you can.
- Helps you to revive all your all energy
- Reduces stress
- Calms your mind.
- Keep your eyes closed and lie on your back like a dead
- Keep your breathing normal.
I hope this “Top 5 Best Yoga Poses in Bed for Better Sleep” will help you to get over your sleeping problems. Let us know how much it helps you, so we can give you other valuable tips and remedies for better health and life. Write us at the comment section below. Thank you.
Also read our other two articles on sleeping problems: